Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Trip to Oxford in Easter Break


In this Easter break, I planned to visit the University City: Oxford. Oxford is a beautiful city of stunning architecture, history and culture. The city has ancient and modern colleges, fascinating museums and galleries, and plenty of parks, gardens and green spaces in which to relax.

As the oldest university in the English-speaking world, Oxford is a unique and historic institution. There is no clear date of foundation, but teaching existed at Oxford in some form in 1096 and developed rapidly from 1167.

Oxford’s remarkable global appeal continues to grow. Students from more than a hundred and forty countries and territories make up a student population of over twenty thousand. Over a third comes from outside the United Kingdom.

The neat, clean and ornamented Oxford city caught my eyes. I actually couldn't believe on my eyes. The beautiful architecture, ancient buildings touched my heart. I'm that lucky person who has the opportunity to visit such a historical, prestigious place of the earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment