Friday, September 28, 2012

Feelings while receiving Scholarship from Aston


I would be glad to share my scholarship experience from Aston.

Soon after I was done with my graduation, I started looking for opportunities for my Masters. I was searching for renowned universities of the World offering my programme of interest.

In no time, I came to know about Aston University from Ms. Jessica Wood, International Officer, Aston University during her visit to Bangladesh. She encouraged me to apply for the “Aston University Bangladesh Scholarship 2012”.

I was extremely afraid of getting the scholarship as she told me that the university has only one scholarship to be offered!

However, I was desperate enough for the scholarship and applied for it by writing a two page long Scholarship Essay. I had frequent communication with Ms. Jessica Wood and she was kind enough with me during the whole admission process. Every time I faced any difficulty, I got her response within a short period of time. Her wholehearted effort made me feel special to Aston. Though, I was feeling extremely scared about having the scholarship!

On August 3, 2012, I got a mail informing that I have been shortlisted by the International Office to receive the Aston University Bangladesh Scholarship for the academic year 2012-13! I was a kind of surprised after having the mail. I told my parents that I have been selected for the scholarship. They were delighted. It was a special moment for me to see my parents exceedingly happy. My parents informed all our near ones about the scholarship. My friends and relatives back home congratulated me. It feels something extraordinary which I can never forget.

Thanks to Aston and International Office to offer me this Scholarship. This scholarship meant a lot to me. This achievement will encourage me to move further to achieve my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment